(EVENT) Skinpotions Rebirth : The Most Magical Transformation

One of the highlights of 2017..




I will tell you the whole story and i can’t promise to make it short. I will just give you a heads up that it might be too long and i hope you will have time to finish the whole post. In advance, i would like to thank whoever will read this from top to bottom. I’m grateful for you! :)







Last November 25, while i was having a typical conversation with one of my “Ate” (older sister) in the beauty industry, Ms. Jonah Sison.. She invited me to go to their event happening on December 9.


This is the exact photo / invitation she sent me. :)

If you guys are not familiar with her, she’s the CEO of Skin Potions. One of the biggest and most successful local brand in the Philippines, having kiosks inside well-known malls around Metro Manila and Provinces near the Metro. Not to mention having quite a number of resellers almost everywhere nationwide.

As a small time blogger with no proper knowledge regards blogging as i only have my passion with writing reviews, i was overwhelmed at the same time extremely honoured to be invited in such event. Not to mention that it’s my first time attending one.

I stressed out, worried about what to wear to meet the dress code (it was not demanding because they only said “Casual Wear” and “Pastel / Light Coloured Clothes”) and lastly, i got nervous by the thought of being around lots of people.

I am honestly socially awkward. And having to mingle with other people i totally don’t know or meet a number of people for the first time makes me become a nervous wreck! Can’t blame me, it was my first event after all.

I felt pressured knowing other bloggers will be there too and i just kept repeating in my head to be confident, be myself and enjoy.


Two weeks have passed after the personal invite from Ate Jonah a.k.a. Ms. CEO, the event day has finally come..

I didn’t put much on my face because first, i really have no idea how to put instagrammable / youtubeable makeup and second, i was rushing.

I left the house, got stuck in traffic and a lot of misfortunes happened that i don’t even want to elaborate..

The venue was at Alice Tea Salon, located at Pearl Drive, Pasig City (it’s near University of Asia and the Pacific and SM Megamall / Edsa Shangrila Mall).

The event was 3PM to 6PM which the program was hosted by DJ Faye.

I arrived around 3:45PM, almost 4PM and majority of the bloggers were already there.

Nervously walking towards bunch of people outside, i was welcomed by the Skin Potions team and checked my name in their list. I don’t know if they noticed that i was awkward and nervous though.


As i walked inside the venue, i was welcomed by the CEO herself, Ate Jonah. She’s very kind and humble to the point that she gave me a hug as if i was a long time friend / relative but to be honest, it gave me a sense of comfort at the same time, it made me feel welcome and more relaxed (Thank you, Ate Jonah!). She introduced me around, told me to take a seat, be comfortable, order some drinks and have fun.


A photo of my drink. I love their Strawberry Milkshake! :)

I was able to meet new people (introduced by Ate Jonah) like Aijalonica who’s a Former Graphic Artist of Skin Potions and also a Model (i will put the link of her Instagram down below because she has amazing photos!) and Mitzy who has talented hands when it comes to makeup (link to her Youtube Channel will also be indicated at the bottom of this post!)! They were my seat mates during the event and they were the ones who helped me take photos with the famous bloggers / vloggers i met at the event. (Muchos gracias, mi amigas! 💋)

Here's a photo of us. :)
L-R : Mitzy, Aijalonica, Ate Jonah and Me.


The event was about Skin Potions’ transformation as they change their logo to a potion bottle which they named PotPot, new and extremely cute packaging and launched new potions to help us with our skin concerns.


Below, you’ll see some of my snaps featuring the new packagings of their products.


Look how “kawaii” those soap boxes are!
























I am seriously in love with the new packaging! Their inspiration for their transformation is "kawaii" which is a Japanese word for "cute". And who doesn't love cute stuff or fall for cute packagings? Definitely not me! :)


Here on the other hand, are their newly launched products.
Aloe Witch Toner, Micellar Water and Honey Glazed Lip Scrub.


As the event and program went on,

They explained to us more about the brand, new and existing products, all the hard work of the whole team of Skin Potions and also, the passion and advocacy of the owners (Ate Jonah and Ate Aileen) to help other people achieve their most beautiful in an inexpensive way possible.

I saw while they were explaining how dedicated they are with what they are doing, which is to create products that are effective and high quality yet affordable and how they struggle and do their best to be unique despite all the other brands coming out selling almost the same products as theirs.


The program ended around 5PM but i stayed until a little past 6PM because i was still chitchatting with Mitzy 😄


Here are more photos from the event:

That's their new logo, PotPot on the cork!

This Jetsetter Eyeshadow Palette is so gorgeous! The 25 shades are complete for day and night makeup, be it matte or shimmer and highly pigmented! (Price : P1,495 / $29.9)


One of their most raved and loved products, Glow Bomb Highlighter Palette! It beats the imported high-end highlighters that are quadruple the price or even more! What's best about this palette is it's very affordable. :) (Price : P560 / $11.2)


And as i mentioned famous bloggers, they are either bloggers or vloggers whom i saw / met, had a brief interaction and gathered up my courage to take pictures with. P.S., i will put all the links to their blogs / youtube channels below..

Starting with Vloggers Ate Kay, Kylie, Lace and Ate Remy (i was extremely mesmerized by her beauty! She rocked her hairstyle to the max! And she's very approachable and nice!) and Bloggers Andy, Ate Shaira (she even sat on the same table as we are!), Ate Genzel (i was super starstruck by her! I've been a fan of her since i can't remember when and meeting her in person was surreal!) and Ate Krish (i was too shy to approach her but she's one of the people i look up to and one of my inspirations together with Ate Juls when i started microblogging).


Here are my photos with some of them! :) (i didn't have a photo with Kylie, Ate Kay and Ate Krish)
W/ Ate Genzel

W/ Ate Shaira

W/ Andy

W/ Mitzy

W/ Lace

W/ Ate Remy


AND LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST...
W/ The two ever so gorgeous and brilliant ladies behind Skin Potions, Ate Aileen and Ate Jonah. 💕


Of course, we have a group photo! All the bloggers + the Owners! :)


It was an amazing experience! And i'm glad that the first ever brand who invited me to go to their event was Skin Potions! :)



It truly was a very magical transformation.



Thank you so much for having me, Skin Potions! I'm always and forever grateful for the opportunity! ❤

And thank you so much to Ate Jonah for being an older sister to me, for always giving me meaningful advices and to Ate Aileen for being so kind to give me on-the-spot advices during the event regarding negative people and how to deal with them. You two are really worth praising. I will forever look up to both of you, be as humble as you two are and be kindhearted no matter how successful i become in the future.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything.




As promised, i will put all the links below!:)



Thank you for reading! Hope you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C