(REVIEW) Skin Foundry : Midnight Charcoal Scrub — activated charcoal and kaolin clay facial scrub

"the following review are my own opinion based on my experience while testing the said product for at least a week or two."


Founded in August 2018, Skin Foundry is a local beauty brand that offers all-natural cosmetics and skincare products with promising effect, multi-functional essentials that won't break the bank.





PRODUCT
Skin Foundry's Midnight Charcoal Scrub

INGREDIENTS
Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Oil, Activated Charcoal, Kaolin Clay, Jojoba Beads, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Castile Soap and Preservatives.

USES / BENEFITS
- Exfoliating
- Cleansing

SIZE
100g

PRICE
P250 / $5

DETAILS
This product is said to also eliminate excess sebum to tighten and refresh clogged pores.

HOW TO USE
After washing my face with facial soap and warm water, I scoop an ample amount using my finger for each of my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin before scrubbing / massaging it on my skin for at least 30 seconds then rinse with cool water.

PROS
At first, I was a little taken aback because it says on the packaging that it’s best for oily and non-sensitive skin and my skin is a combination + sensitive but you know your girl is an adventurous soul and won’t back down, so I still went for it and boy was I glad that I did! The tub is a secured container which is the most suitable for this type of product. Aside from its twisting lid, it has another cover that actually prevents it from spilling. So kudos to the brand! Although the ingredients weren’t indicated on the label, I still find it nice because of the design and sticker itself. It has a little sparkle to it which the photos didn’t do justice but it’s really pretty. It looks like a starry midnight sky to me and it’s waterproof as well! With regards its scent, it’s a mixture of mild citrus with a hint of milky scent and surprisingly, it wasn’t too overwhelming for my nose. Usually, it gets irritated with citrus scents but since this one is very mild, it’s alright! Consistency wise, it has the perfect ratio of scrub and cream which makes it gentle for the skin. And unlike other scrubs, the ones in this are very fine so it doesn’t hurt even when I scrub too much or too often but don’t underestimate! It really does an amazing job removing deep-seated dirt on my skin and pores! It 's very easy to rinse off and no staining on the sink as well! Also, it doesn’t dry my skin which is not usual as my skin tends to dry when I do scrubs, even with the mildest ones! I see a noticeable improvement with my blackheads on my nose and the oily parts of my face are controlled right after using this. Not only that, my skin feels really soft and smooth afterwards! And since it’s very effective cleansing and exfoliating my skin, it also prevents acne. Lastly, since exfoliating also increases cell turnover, boosts circulation and stimulates collagen synthesis and as a result to that, my skin looks very supple and plump than ever.

CONS
No itchiness, redness or any allergic reaction were experienced while using this product.

VERDICT
Overall, I would say that this is my current favorite facial scrub! It’s effective yet gentle to the skin which is what everyone wants when it comes to facial scrubs, one that isn’t too harsh on the skin because some scrubs has abrasive beads in it which causes abrasion or irritation to the skin especially to people who has sensitive skin like mine. And I’m guilty of over-exfoliating sometimes but not a single time that I felt any discomfort with this. Also, a little goes a long way so a tub is already good for a few months because the tub is full and packed as well, so you really get what you paid for! It’s travel-friendly as well because there’s no chance for it to spill. I’ve been very bad with my skincare routine the past few weeks but I won’t miss scrubbing my face at least every 3 days because I really enjoy using this and I’m in love with the results I see every single time I use it. Worth repurchasing? YES! Really worth your money! Definitely a must-have in your skincare routine! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

RATING
100/100 ✨





























DISCLAIMER What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Please do a patch test for 24 hours especially if you have sensitive skin before using any new products to make sure that it would not irritate your skin. If allergic reactions occur, rinse it off immediately and consult a doctor.














If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕
Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C