(TRY ME; REVIEW ME BY STYLEKOREAN) COSRX AC COLLECTION X STYLEKOREAN SPECIAL BOX — the perfect collection for your acne-prone and sensitive skin!

"the following review are my own opinion based on my experience while testing the said product for at least a week or two."


This special box collection is by COSRX which is a cult-fave Korean brand that uses safe and natural ingredients to create minimal yet functional products catering to the needs of all skin types. With more than ten years of experience under its belt, COSRX has actively worked in research and product development to address the needs of its clients. Its client-based, communication-maximizing approach to developing cosmetics and skincare makes its products among the most coveted in the world in collaboration with Style Korean which is an online shopping website that ships internationally and has been carrying numerous Korean Beauty Products since 2012.







STEP 1


INGREDIENTS
Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, PEG-32, Potassium Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Lauric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Lauramide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Potassium Cocoate, Salicylic Acid, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Disodium EDTA, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid and Madecassic Acid.

USES / BENEFITS
- Cleansing
- Calming
- Clarifying

SIZE
150ml / 5.07 fl. oz

PRICE
$14.30 / P745

DETAILS
This product is said to remove skin waste, sebum and dead skin cells.

HOW TO USE
In the morning and night, I squeeze roughly half an inch amount of product on damp hands before lathering it by rubbing my hands against each other and massaging onto my face gently then rinse off with lukewarm water.

PROS
The very first time I used this, I knew this cleanser is really something else. It came with a box that has information about the product in English and the tube where the product is housed in is huge, has a simple design with a little touch of silver but very secured with its flip cap and you can tell that there’s no room for spills. The consistency on the other hand, is nothing out of the ordinary. It’s thick and white in color, almost similar to toothpaste in terms of consistency and color, if you ask me. Initially, I thought it would not be as foaming as I expect it to be since the name is a foam cleanser to begin with due to its consistency. But it proved me wrong and it lathers really well yet I was able to rinse it off easily which is something I have a problem with when it comes to facial cleansers because sometimes, they tend to make my skin feel slimy from its residue. Gladly, I didn’t have this issue and not only that, I find this cleanser non-drying even though it cleanses my skin really well. Also, a little goes a long way with it which makes me satisfied as I’ll be able to use longer. Lastly, I did notice that it balanced really well, calmed the sides of my nose which is always red and flaky while making my skin feel extremely soft and smooth.


CONS
No itchiness, redness, dryness or any allergic reaction were experienced while using this product.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

STEP 2


INGREDIENTS
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Betaine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine Salicylate, Gluconolactone, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Glycerine, Panthenol, Allantoin, Arginine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid and Madecassic Acid.

USES / BENEFITS
- Removes Excess Sebum
- Soothing

SIZE
125ml / 4.22 fl. oz

PRICE
$24.20 / P1,261

DETAILS
This product is said to contain 85% of Green Tea, Centella and a mildly prescribed product that removes unnecessary keratin and sebum.


HOW TO USE
In the morning, I put around 4 drops for my face and 2 drops for my neck on the palm of my hands and apply it directly whilst in the evening, I use a cotton ball to apply it onto my skin gently.

PROS
First off, it has a box with all the details you would need to know about the product. Moving on to its bottle, it’s definitely travel-friendly since it’s not that big in size and the container is not made with glass. The design is plain and simple but I really like that the accent color is red, which is one of my favorite colors. Something I noticed about the packaging is the twist cap of the bottle. It’s frosted on the sides, matching the bottle itself but the top part is in silver with a nice “COSRX” debossed detail on it which I think adds a nice touch to it. It has quite a unique scent to it that I haven’t smell from others. This product actually works as the toner so you would already know what would the consistency be like. It felt clean on the skin and not greasy at all even when I apply it using just my hands. My skin felt soft and supple once it’s been absorbed which doesn’t take too long and just like the cleanser, this is also calming, moisturizing and I can tell that it really is mild. I have a sensitive and combination skin type and sometimes, my skin stings with toners but this, having said that it’s mild; I really saw how much it nourishes my skin while balancing it without triggering any discomfort. ♡


CONS
No complaints about this product. It's literally one of the best toners for me!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STEP 3


INGREDIENTS
Propolis Extract, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Panthenol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Allantoin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sucrose Distearate, Glyceryl Strearate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Dipropylene Glycol, Ceramide NP and rh-Oligopeptide-1.

USES / BENEFITS
- Brightening
- Soothing
- Clarifying

SIZE
40ml / 1.35 fl. oz


PRICE
$27 / P1,407

DETAILS
This product is said to act as an after care for the skin barrier after skin trouble has passed and also strengthen the skin barrier of the sensitive skin and skin exposed to external stimuli.

HOW TO USE
I put 4 drops on the palm of my hand and apply onto my face in a tapping manner and 3 drops for my neck which I apply in an upward motion.

PROS
I always take note on packaging for every product I use as I see how much effort the brands are willing to do to make their visuals appealing to the eyes of their buyers because let’s face it, everyone falls for a good packaging, that includes me! So when it comes to the packaging of this one, it came with a box, consistent with the designs the previous products have. All the information indicated are in English as well and same as the liquid, the container is also frosted. But this time, its material is glass and it came with a skinny dropper to get the product easier. The dropper is slimmer and longer than usual because the bottle is bigger as well. Consistency wise, it’s very unique for me as the serums I’ve encountered are thicker and felt more of a gel or cream type. This, on the other hand, is neither of those mentioned. It’s not too watery but it’s leaning more towards the liquid side. Surprisingly, this texture is more ideal for a serum in my opinion as I’m able to easily spread it evenly throughout my face and neck without the need of getting more. In addition to that, it’s also not sticky and it’s absorbed by my skin faster than the rest of the products in this line. Also, my skin feels softer and my pores look smaller afterwards, especially the next morning. Actually, in every skincare line or routine, my favorite part is serum because I feel that’s where my skin gets all the love it needs. And with this one, it really made my skin look and feel that it’s properly taken care of.

CONS
No redness, dryness or any allergic reactions were experienced while using this product. Even when at times I wanted to put more on areas where blemishes appear, it doesn’t sting at all! 🥰

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STEP 4


INGREDIENTS
Propolis Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Olivate, Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Zinc PCA, Betaine Salicylate, Mentha Haplocalix Extract, Menthyl Lactate, Citric Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid and Madecassic Acid.

USES / BENEFITS
- Moisturizing
- Soothing

SIZE
80ml / 2.70 fl. oz

PRICE
$19 / P990

DETAILS
This product is recommended for acne-prone, combination and oily skin types as it is said to keep skin balanced.

HOW TO USE
I put little by little on the tip of my fingers then distribute it on my cheeks, forehead, nose, chin and neck before massaging it to cover the whole area evenly.

PROS
Packaging is similar to the previous ones; it has a box that has the ingredients and such in English. As well as the design, the twist cap with a touch of silver and technically just a carbon copy of the cleanser’s container. Just with different prints and size, of course. I like how it definitely lived up to its name, lightweight soothing moisturizer. It really is lightweight, the consistency is perfect. Non-greasy, not too thick or too runny nor was it tacky. Easily spread evenly and thinly, and my skin absorbs it really well. Moving on to its soothing effect on the skin, I do have some redness from different areas of my face and this effectively soothes the area that needs it while giving other areas some love. A lot of people have the tendency to have a misconception about moisturizers and oily skin but the truth is, oily skin needs moisturizing as well. And this is, by far, one of the best moisturizers I’ve tried for my combination skin type. It didn’t trigger oiliness on parts that are already greasy while handling the dry parts too. Sometimes, when I overly moisturize or when my skin feels so, milia seeds tend to appear and that’s one of the many concerns I have with my skin, so using moisturizers are not so much of a must for me or I’m just not too keen about them due to that issue. Luckily, this moisturizer right here didn’t give me any reason to stop or even hate it and it actually made me think that this might be the perfect moisturizer for my combination – sensitive skin type after all!


CONS
No discomfort or any indications of allergic reaction were experienced while using this product. I just have one thing in mind that needs to be written down as a note as well, since the tube is upside down, meaning the opening of the tube is below when it’s standing up. Having said that the moisturizer’s consistency is not on the thicker side, it would be best to be mindful when you’re about to use it because it has the tendency to have some of the products coming out of the tube right away. And we wouldn’t want the precious product go to waste, besides, a little goes a long way with it too. So just be careful about that. :)


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STEP 5


INGREDIENTS
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Betaine, Polysorbate 60, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Calamine, Dimethicone, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Ethyl Hexanediol, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid and Madecassic Acid.

USES / BENEFITS
- Soothing
- Anti-Acne
- Removes Excess Sebum

SIZE
30g / 1.05 oz


PRICE
$22 / P1,146

DETAILS
This product is a spot cream with mild ingredients that helps strong sebum absorption. It is also said to give fast and powerful soothing effect to skin troubles.

HOW TO USE
In the morning, I put a very thin layer on troubled areas and in the evening, I put a thick layer onto particular parts of my face that has acne and other impurities.

PROS
First of all, I really like how travel-friendly this product is because of its size. It also comes with its own box, all information printed in English and container is well-secured. The only difference on this tube is the silver line is on the tube and not on the cap. It has a small opening so that you just get the proper amount that you need for the troubled areas. This spot cream has the right amount of creaminess to it, very light and not greasy at all. Honestly, I thought it would be thick and might be too drying for my skin since it is a spot cream but I was completely wrong. Actually, I really don’t know what to expect this product as I haven’t tried a spot cream before, this is my first time to encounter such and I have this perception about it that it will dry my skin or something to that effect because I used to believe that spot creams tend to be too harsh or strong for certain skin types and having a combination + sensitive skin type, I really didn’t know how my skin would react. So yes, I was skeptical to try this but I’m glad I did. Its color and its name kind of intimidated me at first because it’s white in color and it has a small spout which means you just a little bit of it and that scared me a little. But of course, I wouldn’t miss it for the world and so I went for it. Besides, I have some breakouts when I got this, so I was able to use it fully. And boy, it was definitely love at first use. The same day I got this, I started using it at night and it calmed my angry acne overnight. It was hard to believe, even for me. I’ve also tried it even on areas with dark spots, pimple marks and enlarged pores and it did wonders as well. My skin felt something else the next morning, in a good way. Lastly, it also works for me as something that would control or balance my skin. So, during the day, I apply a little bit since a little goes a long way, on the area where my skin is oily to help me tame it down throughout my day and that’s a huge thing for me. ♥



CONS
No itchiness, redness, stinging or any discomforts were experienced while using this product. But I would suggest that you can put a little first and just put more if it’s still not enough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STEP 6


INGREDIENTS
Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium, Polyisobutene, Rosin, Polybutene, Mineral Oil, Centella Asiatica Extract and Polyuethane Film.

USES / BENEFITS
- Soothing
- Protecting
- Moisturizing

SIZE
(9) Small : 9 x 13mm
(9) Medium : 11mm x 16mm
(8) Large : 15 x 23mm

PRICE
$6 / P313


DETAILS
This product is oval-shaped, highly adhesive acne patch suitable for covering several adjacent acne spots at once. With its border being thinner, it strongly adheres to curved areas such as jawline and hairline.

HOW TO USE
After cleansing my face in the morning, I peel off one patch, the size depends on the area and stick it directly on top of the acne and remove it once it turns white which indicates it has to be changed or removed already.

PROS
Out of all the items, this is the only one that doesn’t have a box but I’m okay with it because its packaging still has everything you need to know in Korean and English which is perfectly fine with me. What I like about the packaging is that, it’s resealable and inside has two packets which are the patches sealed separately. One pack for the small and medium sized patch while the other one is for the large sized ones and I like that, because you can tell that they ensure the quality of the product. I was actually intrigued that it’s oval shaped which is somewhat unique or at least new to me, and I think this is because there are some of us that has acne that decides to pop right up in pairs or with buddies. And if that’s the case, this shape is more ideal than the circulars because those either won’t be enough or you have to use more than one but would be hard to put it properly. The film is not shiny which is good because a lot of people uses acne patch under their makeup but even without makeup, it’s not that noticeable. It doesn’t say on the packaging how long should you leave it on but the patch will turn white which indicates that you have to remove it / replace it because it already sucked out some nasties from your skin. Its adhesion to the skin is also good so I didn’t have to worry about that either. This isn’t actually the first time I’m going to use an acne patch from COSRX but it doesn’t fail to amaze me. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.


CONS
It didn’t leave any marks from where I went to stick it on or any redness on those particular areas so I’m all good with it.




OVERALL VERDICT
One of the things I like the most about this collection is that they are cruelty-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, sulfate-free and phthalate-free. Also, these are dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic which curbs a lot of my worries before using it. COSRX is known for having a minimalist design in all their products’ packaging but for me, it really is simple yet appealing to the eyes. These products almost have the same design and just different sizes which makes it so nice to look at when the whole set is altogether. All were sealed, aside from the serum, of course, to assure their buyers of the products' freshness. Kudos to the brand since they made it more international with prioritizing English on the packaging but they still didn't forget to put Korean as well. Price-wise, a lot may find it on the expensive side but for me, having to see for myself what these products can do and how well it suited my skin, I’m not bothered at all because investing in skincare that works for you is a must than makeups because you wear your skin all the time, with or without makeup. At first, I was skeptical about the products in this collection but I overcame my skincare paranoia because I won’t waste the trust that was given to me and I really wanted to try and share my thoughts about them. The products contain essential ingredients that can help control excess sebum, enlarged pores, skin irritation and many more, and those were my concerns. All the products were mild but very effective in their own way which is something that we all want for products to be. As seen on photos, my skin improved in terms of blemishes, lesser blackheads/whiteheads and skin color. My skin doesn’t look too dull or pale anymore and I noticed that in my journey with this set, my pores became smaller; my skin is balanced and lesser texture. I also enjoyed trying them and didn’t feel much of a task or work for me to review it because I’m more than delighted to share it with everyone as it was a smooth sailing ride and definitely worthwhile. All products in this special set were well put together and contributed their own equal parts in my journey to better skin. I couldn’t stress more how happy I am with the results and after this review, I still see myself continuing to use them all because it was an absolute struggle for me to find other curated products that can target and/or match all my wants and needs like how this set did. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

RATING
1000/100 ✨









DISCLAIMER : What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Please do a patch test for 24 hours especially if you have sensitive skin before using any new products to make sure that it would not irritate your skin. If allergic reactions occur, rinse it off immediately and consult a doctor.










If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕
StyleKorean Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C