(REVIEW) Face Republic : Super Screen Sun Gel SPF50+ — know why this is my favorite sunscreen of all time!

"the following review are my own opinion based on my experience while testing the said product for at least a week or two."

Face Republic is a Korean brand which offers premium quality yet affordable skincare. Aiming to deliver effective beauty products to Filipinos to help them achieve a poreless, flawless look just like their favorite Korean idols.








PRODUCT
Face Republic's Super Screen Sun Gel SPF50+

INGREDIENTS
Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Mineral Water, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Carbomer, Fragrance, Silica, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride and Ethylhexylglycerin.

USES / BENEFITS
- Sunscreen
- Moisturizing
- Restoring

SIZE
50ml

PRICE
P499 / $10

DETAILS
This product is made by manufacturers in Korea who choose clean ingredients and cruelty-free processes.

HOW TO USE
After washing, toning and applying serum in the morning, I squeeze an ample amount on my finger and distribute it on my cheeks, forehead, chin, nose and neck before spreading evenly and gently massage on my skin for better absorption.

PROS
I like the presentation of this product. It came with a box which I think is just for PR because I’ve seen other people who bought theirs from the stores doesn’t come with a box and I think that’s alright or even better because if they sold it like this, although the presentation is nice with the box and all, I find that the box is too big for a 50ml product which somehow feels a bit of a waste. Anyway, it came with a sticker that can be scanned so it’s easier to follow them on Instagram (that’s if you haven’t). The container is very simple yet appealing. From the color, very minimal design to not having labels because everything you need to know about the product is already printed on the container itself, take note, in English. Moving on to the product, the consistency is surprisingly good. When I first squeezed it out, I have this impression that it would feel a little greasy because it doesn’t look like the typical gel that you would imagine it to be when you see that this product gel-type. However, it’s definitely unlike the sunscreen we are used to or grew up with. It’s actually very easy to spread and to my surprise, it wasn’t greasy at all! And that’s what made me more interested in it and it’s not sticky nor give your skin that instant whitening that the typical sunscreen lotion / cream gives you which I don’t like so this became my current go-to or should I say, my favorite. Not only that, it’s very moisturizing and not in an oily way. It also doesn’t have white-cast and absorbed by my skin really quick. And when I say really quickly, I mean faster than any other sunscreen I’ve ever tried in my entire life. It’s also very light on the skin, like you didn’t apply anything. Last and the best thing about this, I don’t usually get this result after sunscreen and I didn’t take it seriously when they said it restores the skin by minimizing the pores, fine lines and dark spots but I was so surprised how my skin feels and looks so plump and soft! Just like a baby’s bottom and no dry areas or breakouts / milia seeds triggered as well! I don’t know about you, but I’m sold!

CONS
No itchiness, dryness, redness or any indication of allergic reaction were experienced while using this product. Although, I do have one tiny issue about it, not really a con. It’s the scent, it’s just a little too strong for my liking and I find it smelling too manly. Maybe it’s just me? But I was able to find a solution which is by putting little by little and it’s bearable. Also, the strong scent goes away fast and just leaves a hint of the scent after an hour or so.

VERDICT
Honestly, this one is a unique sunscreen for me. It doesn’t only protect my skin but it also makes it feel and look really nice. It’s actually beyond what sunscreen is supposed to do but hey, who doesn’t love extra benefits from the product they use right? Personally, I don’t expect it to do so much for my skin as I wanted to manage my expectations towards it as this is the first ever sunscreen I’m trying from a Korean brand and as you can tell, it didn’t disappoint. And even gave more than what it’s supposed to deliver. Some people may not be too keen in trying this because they are skeptical about it especially those with oily skin and I get where they are coming from. As for me, I have a combination – sensitive skin type and it really works wonders. I also love that it’s very easy to purchase, aside from online, it can be bought at various stores in the mall and they have sachets for those who really want to try and see whether it will suit their skin types. These are cruelty-free and made with high quality and clean ingredients so I didn’t worry that much that it might trigger breakouts, milia seeds or worst, my eczema. Luckily, I was right and I ended up loving this product. I didn’t have any problem with it aside from that minor issue with the scent that I was also able to settle, I still think this product is worth it! It's very easy to bring around because the size is just right but don't be fooled because it can last a few months as a little goes a long way with it. Price wise, it’s affordable considering what it could offer to make our skin protected at the same time, restored. Sunscreen is more than essential and this is definitely something that would make anyone never skip sunscreen ever again! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

RATING
100/100 ✨









DISCLAIMER What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Please do a patch test for 24 hours especially if you have sensitive skin before using any new products to make sure that it would not irritate your skin. If allergic reactions occur, rinse it off immediately and consult a doctor.












If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕
Face Republic Super Screen Sun Gel SPF50+
My Charis Shop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C