(SWATCH + REVIEW) Self Beauty : Glam Up Illuminating Highlighter Compact Powder — have that elegant glow beyond galaxy!

SWATCH + REVIEW

FEATURING

Self Beauty's Glam Up Illuminating Highlighter Compact Powder











⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬



Packaging : 5/5
Smell : 5/5
Application : 5/5
Comfort : 5/5
Texture : 5/5
Longevity : 5/5



/VERDICT/
First off, the packaging is really nice. It has its own box with a very chic design which I like, however, there’s no English translation indicated on the box as to what are the ingredients and such. Luckily, since it’s available at Charis, you can see the ingredients there in English and you don’t have to Google Translate everything on it. The container on the other hand is very nice, handy with plain matte black with the embossed letters which can be read as “Glam Up”, Self Beauty on the side and the matte stickers at the bottom for the shades. The scent is very neutral, no particular smell of powder and didn’t irritate my nose which is one of the most important things for me.

A little goes a long way with this and I just put a little because I want a very natural looking one. What I like about this more is either brush or finger can pick it up easily and blending it can be done like 1, 2, 3. It’s very buildable so it’s up to your liking how blinding you want it to be but as for me, I just want it to make my skin look dewy. In terms of comfort, I didn’t have any issues about it. It wasn’t itchy, it didn’t dry or crack my skin as well as it didn’t trigger any breakouts which is something that I’m always scared of with powder-type highlighters / blushes. Also, it’s very light on the skin and there’s not much fallout, if there’s any, it’s not so noticeable because the particles are very fine which makes it ideal to use for day and night makeup or even as eyeshadow too!


It’s powder yet it’s not that loose even when you apply it on the skin which is good. It’s highly pigmented but what surprised me is that it feels almost silky which is kind of unique for a compact powder to feel like or maybe I’m just not knowledgeable enough about them? Anyway, it stays and looks so natural on the skin and what I like the most about it is that it gives a very fresh and young looking glow to my normally dull skin. As for its longevity, it lasts for a decent amount of time which is roughly at least 5 – 6 hours for my case and that’s because I don’t use any finishing spray and I sweat profusely, like PROFUSELY! It’s extremely excessive to the point that my makeup can only last a few hours if they are not long lasting enough but this is something that has withstand my sweating concerns and that’s good enough for me.

I’m always for products that are very easy to bring anywhere and everywhere and also, products that can be applied using fingers because your girl here has a lazy bum and doesn’t like using brushes at all, not unless really REALLY needed. There are two shades in total and I chose this one because I’m always for the natural dewy look as I don’t really know how to apply makeup that much and it’s more towards the versatile shade as compared to the other one. This one has a pale pink tone while the shade Starlight is more of a gold-ish color hence this shade, I feel suits me better. Also, this has smaller particles than Starlight which is why it’s more towards the subtle look which I go for as I’m not fond of sharp or too much of a glam look when going out. This is originally P870 / $17.4 but since I’m a Charis Celeb, there’s a special price which is now P760 / $14.2! With regards its price, some may think that it’s on the pricey side which is I think on the boundary of it but having to try it out and how it really gave my skin a very nice glow, it’s reasonable. And I definitely think it’s worth trying because for me, it made me happy with how it added the perfect amount of sparkle to my look.

SUPER RECOMMENDED! ✨







If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C