(REVIEW) Charis : M+ Madecassoside Cica Mask — 4 in 1 Care Mask

"the following review are my own opinion based on my experience while testing the said product for at least a week or two."











PRODUCT
"during"
Charis' M+ Madecassoside Sheet Mask

INGREDIENTS
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Niacinamide, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Erythritol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyacetophenone, PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carborner, Arginine, Sodium Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Gluconolactone, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract(950 ppm), Isohexadecane, Xanthan Gum, Adenosine, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Sorbitan Oleate, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Maltodextin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Charnomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract, Monarda Didyma Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Madecassoside(10 ppm), Benzyl Glycon, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Ethyexylglycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Raspberry Ketone and Fragrance.

"right after spreading"
USES / BENEFITS
- Calming
- Lifting
- Relaxing
- Moisturizing

SIZE
28ml x 5

PRICE
P600 / $12

DETAILS
This product is said to give an outstanding relaxation, moisturization, conditioning and vitality to your externally stimulated skin.

HOW TO USE
After washing and applying toner, i place the mask onto my face and wait for around 10-15 minutes before removing it and apply the leftover serum / cream on my face, neck and arms. 

PROS
"fully absorbed"
First, I would like to say that I like the packaging of these masks. It’s very simple and pleasing to the eyes. I also love how informative it is about the product. All the important details are indicated on the box and on the sheet masks’ individual packs which is nice as we would really like to know what the product is, what it does and what it’s made of. And how to use it as well since most of the time, sheet masks doesn’t have any translation at the back and admit it or not, we just wing it and assume that the numbers we see on it (10-20) is how many minutes we should let it sit on our faces. With this one, I didn’t have to guess. It has a similar scent with their M+ Madecassisode Cica Cream which is a very mild and herb-like scent that relaxes me for some reason. I have tried so many sheet masks from huge Korean brands before but I have never encountered one that is as soft as this. It just felt like facial tissue which is non-abrasive towards the skin as I have the habit to wipe the mask all over my face (I don’t know whether that’s a bad thing.) and some other masks are a bit rough on my skin but this just felt really nice. Also, I’m pretty surprised with the liquid that came with it. It’s not like the usual texture or watery in consistency. This is more like an essence or a little less thick than a cream which is a good thing. And it doesn’t feel sticky or anything to that manner. When it comes to it being effective, I would say that the moisturizing part is on-point. Relaxing, it was definitely a good way to end a stressful day or week. Lifting, I’m not that sure as I don’t have wrinkles or sagging skin YET. But I do notice that my skin was more plump and smoother in appearance after using the masks. And it made my complexion look more lively or should I say, less pale? 😅

CONS
Although I have so much love for these masks, I would just like to point out the little “con” I have experienced which was a tad bit of stinging which I wasn’t quite sure why I felt that. Maybe because my skin was too dry or I applied the toner with a cotton ball. I’m really clueless but it wasn’t that bad so it didn’t bother me. And another one that I’ve encountered is that the sheet mask is too big for my face. It’s really a struggle for me to find a sheet mask that would fit my face. I didn’t want to sound like I’m bragging about how small my face is but maybe, the masks are just too big because they are, after all, unisex. Right? :)
"close-up shots (before, during and after)"

VERDICT
If I didn’t know that Charis was initially an online platform that sells Korean beauty products, I would’ve thought that they are a well-known skincare brand in Korea. This is one of their first two products and both are amazing. And I honestly thought that the liquid in this was just a watered down M+ Madecassoside Cica Cream. Silly me. I know there were stuff they can improve on with their products but hey, they already did a great job formulating the M+ Madecassoside Cica Duo. I love using them together because they complement each other very well. I’m hoping there will be like a serum version of this line, actually. And not only that, these are considered affordable for sheet masks, knowing that they are formulated well and made with high quality ingredients. You can also keep the excess serum / cream in a clean container and put it in the fridge if you want to re-use it. Having said all those, I really think that these masks are worth the money! I mean, I may have experienced a con or two but it doesn’t mean that you will too. Besides, it did a good job with moisturizing my skin. Just not the calming part but the redness that you see on the close-up photo subsided after a few minutes. It’s still something that you should give a try or put on your wish list. And if you guys are going to ask me whether I’m going to repurchase them? I think I will. Especially now that these have local shipping and COD for the Philippines, together with other cool products on Charis. It’s going to be easier for me to repurchase without worrying about international shipping fees and taxes from the customs. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

RATING
95/100 ✨









DISCLAIMER What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Please do a patch test for 24 hours especially if you have sensitive skin before using any new products to make sure that it would not irritate your skin. If allergic reactions occur, rinse it off immediately and consult a doctor.























If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕
Charis' M+ Madecassoside Cica Mask
Charis Shop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C