(SWATCH + REVIEW) Maureen Bay Cosmetics : Tinted Lip Balms

SWATCH + REVIEW

FEATURING

Maureen Bay Cosmetics' Tinted Lip Balms








⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬



Packaging : 8/5
Smell : 6/5
Application : 7/5
Comfort : 7/5
Texture : 5/5
Longevity : 7/5





/VERDICT/
This by far has the nicest packaging of all tinted lip balms that I’ve tried! It comes with a chic box that is perfect for me! And the labels are so pink, together with the heart accents and all the other colours / designs incorporated with the whole concept which is being posh and girly! Although there was no ingredients indicated on the labels nor they were waterproof but there's one thing that i noticed on the labels that is so unique. Those are beautiful and positive words for self-love and empowerment which is what i was surprised, at the same time, amazed by. It's actually the first time that I’ve seen such brand that took time and effort to put those to make the people not only look beautiful but also feel beautiful. Each shade has a different quote and they are all wonderful. The smell of these is not the typical bubblegum-ish scent like the ones in the local market. They actually smell like those chocolate flavoured candies that i used to eat when i was a little kid. It's neither too sweet nor fruity which is a good break from the usual.

Applying these is amazingly easy. No need for dragging yet the colour payoff is more than gorgeous! It's highly pigmented hence light application is already enough for a natural look! I can even dab it on my lips and it already gives colour and life on my lips or cheeks! But the best part is how comfy they are! Usually, when we see lip balms, we think of it as moisturizing. But what I’ve noticed is that not every tinted lip balm does the same thing that we expect a traditional lip balm would do. I’ve come to notice that some of them are a bit heavy, tacky or worse, drying. However, these balms are far from what was said above. They are very lightweight, smooth and moisturizing. It didn’t make my lips chapped at all which happens almost all the time because my lips are easily chapped / dry and these didn’t cause my cheeks to have breakouts nor have milia seeds on my lids. So I’m more than comfortable wearing them, knowing that I won’t get any skin problems.

These tinted lip balms has a creamy matte finish to it and are extremely creamy and buildable. Having said that, they are exceptionally easy to blend either on the lips, cheeks and even on the lids! As you all know, I love going for natural looking makeup, something that is very simple and just putting a little bit of colour. And by dabbing it on is the best way to apply it so I can achieve such but when I’m up for a much bolder or darker colour, I’m still able to reach out for these as I can definitely build them and even mix them when I want to be more experimental with my colours. Longevity wise, it’s also promising! Even though they are not transfer-proof, kiss-proof and just slightly waterproof, they last long! Long enough to stay on my lips while I’m out! Being someone who doesn’t care much about my makeup when I’m out, I always opt for a lip product that can stay with me even after eating loads of food! And these balms were able to keep up with me and my eating habits. Also, I sweat a lot so blushes doesn’t really stay that long with me but these were decent enough to still leave some tint on my cheeks after sometime. By testing this one shade a day, I can say that they can last 6 hours on an average. And that’s already long lasting for balms!


I may have tested a lot of balms but these by far are one of my favourites! They don’t crumble or anything. I just noticed something that might become an issue to others, it somehow leaks oil or sweats. So I would suggest you to store it in a cool dry place. Or you can use / swatch them every now and then so it won’t happen. If it does, you can easily swipe it onto your arm repeatedly for maybe three times and the texture will be back to normal but nonetheless, it’s still a nice product for me! These balms retails for P120 / $2.4 each but you can get the complete shades for only P500 / $10 which is such a great deal! And this is the first time that I’ve come to love all of the shades! But I can only use “Seoul” on my cheeks and the most abused duo is “Neutral Rose” or “Macky” with “Bloody” for that gradient lip! If I’m not mistaken, they already changed the colour of “Seoul” for it to be more suitable for morena skin tone, making all the shades perfect for all skin tones and undertones! So for me, is it worth it? 100% YES! They are locally made in the Philippines with all natural ingredients and deserves a place in every lipstick junkie / collectors stash!

SUPER RECOMMENDED! ✨







If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for a good review!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Michael!

      Thank you for appreciating my review! It really means so much to me to get a review like this. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C