(SWATCH + REVIEW) SelfCoding : Code Red Soft Lipstick — lipsticks that not only considered skin tones but also under tones!

SWATCH + REVIEW

FEATURING

SelfCoding's Code : Red Soft Lipsticks











⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬



Packaging : 6/5
Smell : 5/5
Application : 6/5
Comfort : 5/5
Texture : 6/5
Longevity : 5/5





/VERDICT/
When I first saw these, my initial observation was the packaging look very classy with its individual clear plastic boxes and the container of the lipsticks itself look very minimalist. The box has both Korean and English translations with regards the product’s important information. The container of the lipsticks has a frosted cap with the brand name directly printed on it with a white font and a solid white base which gives a simple vibe and clean look to it. The inside of the container where the lipstick is placed and twisted is transparent and you can really see that the amount of lipstick inside is a lot and I meticulously observed all 6 shades and they have the same amounts which means it was carefully and consistently filled. As for the scent, it doesn’t have any particular smell to it. I’d prefer that than the typical scent of bullet lipsticks which I really couldn’t stand, even when I was younger and sniff my grandma’s stash, it really gets my nose irritated so this not having any scent to it is more than alright for me.

I think most of the people who read my reviews know that I’m more of a liquid lipstick girl than the classic lipstick because I always have a hard time applying it on my lips as I have naturally dry and chapped lips. Usually, the dragging of lipstick onto my lips is kind of troublesome for me as well as lipstick formulas tend to settle in the cracks emphasizing the dryness of my lips. But with these ones, there’s not much dragging going on when I apply it, it’s actually smooth to glide and non-drying nor settles between the cracks. Also, it’s very lightweight which makes it comfortable to wear every day without the usual discomforts you experience with typical bullet lipsticks which is one of the reasons why I don’t prefer them. And if you forgot about your blush, you can use this as well because it can be blended easily anywhere you decide to apply it to. The color is also nice and buildable for you to really control how vivid you want it to be.


In terms of texture, I wouldn’t say that it’s unique as I’ve tried something like this before. However, not from a Korean brand so that’s what made it unique from other lipsticks in the K-Beauty industry. And the texture I’m talking about is that it has soft powdery matte finish and petal-like texture when you touch it which is why I said that if you forgot about your blush, this can be a substitute for it. One more thing why I don’t go for lipsticks because they’re not as long lasting as the liquid ones and usually transfers a lot which results to several retouches. Surprisingly, this one lasts quite long even though it has minimal transfers, it can still stay for a good 5 to 6 hours without retouch and for me, that’s already good enough because I don’t stay out for too long and with what’s happening right now, working from home is the most reason why we do makeup and this one is perfect for that as well. You can even get compliments while wearing these too because I got some when I did video calls while wearing some of the shades as I test them one shade a day to see whether the longevity is almost the same aside from the formula. And overall, all 6 shades are consistent and has the same performance.

I was supposed to just get one and it was a struggle for me because all the shades are nice and to my surprise, I received all the shades and out of the 6 shades which consists of neutrals and bolds, my favorite ones are Alright, Okay and XOXO because they are the ones I feel that matches my skin tone the most. I know, it’s kind of hard to distinguish the difference between XOXO and Trust because they are both reds but it’s the undertone. Trust has a cool undertone which explains the hint of pink in it while XOXO, on the other hand, has a warm undertone and that matches me more. Moving on to its price, originally its retail is P750 / $15 but if purchased through Charis which is where I got it, the price is lowered to P650 / $13 and that’s a great deal! Especially if you’re looking for something with nice shades to choose from that considers not only our skin tone but also our undertones which explains why it has almost similar shades and that’s not common for Korean beauty brands because if you’ve seen other lip products available from Korea, most of their shade choices are bright and mostly suited only for fair skin but this brand considered other skin tones, even the ones that are not so prominent in their home country which I admire. Therefore, it's really worth the try. It changed my perception about lipsticks and became one of my current favorites with its overall texture and comfort, and who knows? It might just become your favorite too. ♥

SUPER RECOMMENDED! ✨







If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C