(REVIEW) Gilla8 : Tea Tree Cica Extra Calming Facial Toner — something to calm your skin with real tea tree leaves!

"the following review are my own opinion based on my experience while testing the said product for at least a week or two."


Gilla8 Vegan Skincare was born in 2018. We express our brand philosophy that 'The process of seed germination - Growing shoot – Bloom' that is figuratively speaking, the cyclic process of BEAUTY and A Revival of the Succession’ into our products.
Supporting clean beauty, we are mindfully formulating products without harmful and toxic ingredients, thus bringing customers back to their purest form of beauty.








PRODUCT
Gilla8's Tea Tree Cica Extra Calming Facial Toner

INGREDIENTS
Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Water, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Powder, Betaine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum and Caprylyl Glycol

USES / BENEFITS
- Calming
- Clarifying
- Refreshing

SIZE
300ml / 10.14 fl. oz

PRICE
P1,300 / $26

DETAILS
This product is said to be ideal for all skin types, perfect for everyday use and made with sensitive skin in mind. Its formula is safe for all, including pregnant women. With its key ingredients such as Tea Tree Leaves, Centella Asiatica Extract. Allantoin and Hyaluronic Acid; it claims to gently cleanse and refresh facial skin without harsh synthetic drying agents. The alcohol-free formula and rose extract whisks away excess oil and sebum while keeping the skin hydrated.

HOW TO USE
After cleansing, I put an ample amount of the product on a cotton ball and gently swipe over my whole face and neck in an upward / outward motion.



PROS
Of course, I will be mentioning the packaging once again and this has a nice unique one. It’s very minimalist and lovely to look at, it has a slight touch of green which I don’t prefer but the shade was alright. It has all the ingredients and other important details in English but what touched my heart is that they included “Braille” on the side of the box as a part of their advocacy to have a universal design so that people who can’t see can still tell that it’s from Gilla8 and that really pinched my heart because they are so considerate to those who weren’t given the privilege to see the outside world. In terms of the bottle, it’s very unique. It doesn’t look like any of the toners I’ve had before; it’s a clear plastic bottle with a white tin-like material twist cap. It has a stopper which is good to prevent it from spilling and very essential as this toner has real tea tree leaves in it. I actually love shaking it before using so that the tea tree leaves will be mixed with the toner really well. It has a mild herb scent which you all know that I prefer as it calms me and it’s also mild on the skin. Every time I use it, I always check the cotton ball as to observe whether it really clears my skin and removes some dirt that washing can’t remove. And guess what? It really does remove the dirt, without any discomfort at all! Usually, my skin would feel a little less moisturized after toning, that’s why I don’t use cotton ball or pad when I apply them but with this one, my skin feels so nice afterwards. And I have this issue with the corners of nose as it’s always reddish for some reason which is still a mystery for me and I always conceal when I put makeup but this was able to tame it down for me which is a miracle if you ask me. Also, I tried to use it while having a recently popped pimple on the forehead and I didn’t feel any sting at all which I already anticipated before swiping the cotton ball as that’s what usually happens but there was no sting!


CONS
No itchiness, redness or any indication of allergic reaction were experienced while using this product. I’m actually so in love with everything about it!


VERDICT
Checking with its claims, it’s definitely calming for me. Especially having a combination + sensitive skin type, it’s quite a challenge for me to find the perfect toner for my skin that can cater both skin types which is technically have different issues and different solutions for each but this is one of the few toners that both of my skin types fully benefited. From its calming properties, oil control to not stripping off any moisture from the skin. Not only its packaging is unique but also the formula itself is quite a stunner! Mild yet high performing toner, if you ask me. The size of the bottle is also huge, so if you think that it’s pricey, you’d be shocked how long this toner can last you. I know a lot of toners from other Korean brands that has almost the same price but not even half the size of it. Some of the toner even has strong alcohol smell or has a little sting to it but this doesn’t as it’s alcohol-free which is good as alcohol usually strips off moisture, it’s also gluten-free and most importantly, cruelty-free. So if you have almost the same skin type as me, this is the toner that I would recommend for you to try. Even though there’s no guarantee that it will also for you but it’s best to try those that are hypoallergenic or mild enough to avoid drastic side effects, just in case the skincare that you introduced is not suitable for your skin. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

RATING
100/100 ✨









DISCLAIMER What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Please do a patch test for 24 hours especially if you have sensitive skin before using any new products to make sure that it would not irritate your skin. If allergic reactions occur, rinse it off immediately and consult a doctor.












If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕
Gilla8 Tea Tree Extra Calming Facial Toner
My Charis Shop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C