(REVIEW) Face Republic : Calamine Clay Mask — want to detox and calm your skin at the same time? this clay mask is for you!

"the following review are my own opinion based on my experience while testing the said product for at least a week or two."








PRODUCT
Face Republic's Calamine Clay Mask

INGREDIENTS
Water, Kaolin, Calamine, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Niacinamide, Bentonite, Betaine, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Stearate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Myristyl Alcohol, Lauryl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Laureth-7, Salicylic Acid, Gluconolactone, Xanthan Gum, Adenosine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA and Fragrance


USES / BENEFITS
- Calming
- Detoxifying
- Toning

SIZE
55g


PRICE
P350 / $7

DETAILS
This product is said to be suitable for all skin types and is cruelty-free with clean ingredients.


HOW TO USE
After cleansing my face, I squeeze an ample amount of the product on my finger and distribute on my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose before spreading evenly and wait for it to dry for about 10-15 minutes then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water. I use this every 3 days only. :)


PROS
First off, i like the packaging because the design is really pretty which is like a pink marble-like and if you’ve been following me for quite some time, i have a similar print that i used with some of my flatlay photos before. The tube size is travel-friendly and it dispenses a good amount of product too which is great because it can be controlled easily without squeezing out more than what you need. In terms of scent, i kinda like how this smells like as it’s mild. It actually smells a little bit like the calamine lotion i use when i experience allergic reaction and it also has the same color as the lotion which matches the container as well. Consistency is not gritty or powdery like the typical clay mask that you mix with water or just doesn’t feel like any of the clay masks I’ve tried before; instead, it’s very creamy and easy to spread evenly / thinly. Initially, I applied a very thin layer because I wanted to see how my skin will react to it and just applied a thicker layer the next time I used it. At first, i was wondering why my face feels sweaty which is unusual for me as clay mask tend to suck all the oiliness of your skin and even has the tendency to dry it out a bit afterwards but when I looked closely, it’s because it’s detoxifying my skin and lifting out excess sebum without irritating or drying my skin and that completely amazed me. But what really got my attention even more is that even my blackheads and whiteheads are lifted and easily removed just by rinsing this off and that’s something I never expected as I thought my blackheads and whiteheads are already a hopeless case. Lastly, it doesn’t dry fast so you will be able to work with it more especially with how thin or thick you want the layer to be without worrying about it drying.

CONS
I didn’t have much complain about this, although I experienced a bit of stinging on the sides of my nose but it wasn’t too much or too painful to make me bothered by it as I’m used to experiencing such from using other clay masks before that it really causes somewhat stinging or tingling sensation on the sides of my nose. :)


VERDICT
I honestly didn’t expect much from this product and I didn’t know what to expect either. I’m not so familiar with pre-mixed clay masks but I admit, I’m quite a lazy person when it comes to masking especially with the typical clay masks because I need to mix it with water and rinsing, I find it too much to do. This was one of the masks I would prefer to use because it skips the mixing process already but still delivers the same results I want to when it comes to masks. I was actually fascinated with this as this is the first time I’ve seen such clay mask that is calming and since I have a combination + sensitive skin type, it’s usual for my skin to have some red spots or what seems like an allergic reaction appearing in any area of my face and this is what helped me calm it right away. I like how it doesn’t dry my skin even though it detoxifies it really well while balancing the oiliness too. However, I didn’t expect the tube to be slightly smaller as I thought it would be a bit bigger than it actually is but for its price, it’s reasonable. Especially if you like travelling but too lazy or finds it troublesome to bring clay mask powders in your luggage with the tendency to spill as well, this is the perfect one for you. And since the size is not too big, you can also put it in your carry-on luggage if you plan to travel lightweight or just off for a quick weekend getaway. I’m definitely starting to love Face Republic even more; it’s really a brand where you can find your skincare needs without breaking the bank. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

RATING
95/100 ✨









DISCLAIMER What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Please do a patch test for 24 hours especially if you have sensitive skin before using any new products to make sure that it would not irritate your skin. If allergic reactions occur, rinse it off immediately and consult a doctor.












If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕
Face Republic Calamine Clay Mask
My Charis Shop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C