(TRY ME; REVIEW ME BY STYLEKOREAN) THE PLANT BASE CLEAN BEAUTY KIT — skincare routine for glass skin revealed!

"the following review are my own opinion based on my experience while testing the said product for at least a week or two."


The Plant Base is Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) ISO Certified. Instead of using Refined Water, all The Plant Base's products are based on Plant Extracted Water which boost up self-generate power of all the skin type with the real natural ingredients.









INGREDIENTS
*Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract(44%), Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Water, Lauric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sorbitan Olivate, Glycol Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Salicylic Acid, Chlorphenesin, *Melaleuca Alternifolia(Tea Tree)Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, *Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, *Morus Alba Bark Extract, *Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, *Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, *Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Phytic Acid, *Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, *Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, *Althaea Rosea Root Extract, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, *Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, *Portulaca OleraceaExtract, *Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, *Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract and Ethylhexylglycerin (*Natural Ingredients)

USES / BENEFITS
- Cleansing
- Sebum Control
- Skin Relief

SIZE
120ml

PRICE
P756 / $14.50

DETAILS
This product has Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract for trouble care and skin soothing, AHA / BHA to remove dead skin cells and Althaea Rosea Root for moisturizing. It's highly recommended for people who have troubled skin, who needs sebum control and/or people who wants to have a fresh feeling skin after cleansing but suitable for all skin types, including acne-prone and sensitive.


HOW TO USE
After pre-washing my face with water, I squeeze out a pea size amount of the product on my hand and make a lather before massaging onto my face in a circular motion for a good 30 seconds to a minute then rinse off with water. 


PROS
The container is a typical upside down flip top tube which I prefer as I’m able to get the product inside without any hassle. The size is pretty good and can still be brought to travels easily, but in the check-in luggage as it’s over 100ml. The color combination of blue and white is very nice and pleasing to the eyes because it’s very neutral and somehow caught my attention. It has an earthy or herb-like scent to it which is one of the scents that calms me and my skin down for some reason even I cannot explain. The box that came with it doesn’t look like it was its box because of the color difference but the important thing is that it has all the things you need to know about the product, so I totally appreciate that. Moving on to its consistency, it’s actually on the thicker side with slight similarity with shampoo but lathers really well and the foam is just the right texture, oh you all know I love bubbles / foam so I wouldn’t miss including that right? Back to the product, I find it very easy to rinse off without feeling slimy and I can really tell that it cleanses my skin amazingly, leaving it smooth and refreshed. Lastly, it's very mild and gentle on the skin and even though it's for sebum control, it doesn't dry out my skin to the point that I will have dry or flaking sides and ends of my nose like some facial washes I've tried before.


CONS
Hands down, one of the best cleansers for me and I have no issues about the product whatsoever, but I do want to note that since the opening of the tube is slightly bigger than typical containers of facial washes, you have to be very mindful when you squeeze it out so that you just get enough amount of product that you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Rosa Damascena Flower Extract(75%), *Honey Extract(8%), Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethyl Hexanediol, C12-14 Pareth-12, *Rosa Gallica Flower Powder(0.3%), Octyldodeceth-16, Water, *Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, *Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, *Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Adenosine, Sodium Citrate, Caprylyl Glycol, *Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, *Morus Alba Bark Extract, *Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, *Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, *Royal Jelly Extract, *Propolis Extract, Citronellol and Geraniol (*Natural Ingredients)

USES / BENEFITS
- Moisturizing
- Anti-Aging
- Anti-Pigmentation

SIZE
100ml


PRICE
P709 / $13.60

DETAILS
This product is infused with hand-picked damask rose petals which can be seen thru the bottle. It contains honey extract, royal jelly extract and propolis extract to form and strengthen a skin barrier that is weakened by external stimuli, french rose petal powder to improve skin texture and make your skin glow and damask rose — also known as the queen of flowers, from seed to roots to flowers, damask rose extract which contains all the energy of a rose, opens the moisture pathway in the skin as soon as this product is sprayed and replenishes dehydrated skin. Recommended for those who have dull and exhausted skin, problems with fine wrinkles and lines, prefers a simple skincare and those with dehydrated and rough skin and suitable for all skin types.

HOW TO USE
After wiping off excess water on the skin from washing, I hold the bottle a few inches away from my face and spray it a 3-4 times and does the same procedure for my neck before tapping my skin gently for better and faster absorption.


PROS
The packaging is so pretty with its bottle and box with matching white and rose gold accents which made it look really elegant. The bottle is very slim and very easy to hold on to that’s why it’s easier to have a proper grip and can be easily brought anywhere. What enticed me the most is that it has real petals inside which is something unique for me as I haven’t seen anything like it before. And before you guys panic that it might clog the spray, it has a micro-filter to make sure that the petals doesn’t block the nozzle. The spritz it produces is very fine so you won’t feel as though you were drenched like other sprays and be refreshed instead. I don’t only use this on my face but I also use it on my hands or feet when it feels a little dry and voila! It has the same effect which is instantly making my skin feel better and moisturized at the same time! Honestly, I’m not used to using essence as I’ve always been a toner kind of girl but this product made me realize essence isn’t so bad after all and what made me love it even more is that I can use it whenever I feel like my skin is thirsty and needs a drink!


CONS
No itchiness or redness and I love that they didn’t add fragrance to it, however, I’m not really a fan of its scent as my allergic rhinitis tends to get triggered by flowers, hence I don’t prefer floral scents but anyway, the scent is natural making it mild so I find it tolerable and I still love using it.


-----------------------------------------------------------

*Hericium Erinaceus (Mushroom) Extract(76%), Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Water, Glycerin, *Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, *Morus Alba Bark Extract, *Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, *Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, *Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Panthenol, *Centella Asiatica Extract, *Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Acetyl Glutamine, Sodium Polyacrylate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dextrin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, EthylHexanediol, *Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, RetinylPalmitate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Pantolactone, Pantolactone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, PEG-5 Rapeseed Sterol, Cholesterol, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Tromethamine, Carbomer, Ceteth-5, Ceteth-3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate (*Natural Ingredients)


USES / BENEFITS
- Firming
- Nourishing
- Anti-Wrinkle

SIZE
20ml


PRICE
P1,355 / $26

DETAILS
This product's main ingredients are :

Hericium Erinaceus — prevent skin damage and improve skin elasticity
also known as Lion's Mane which is an edible and medicinal mushroom belonging to the tooth fungus group, the nutrients in Hericium Erinaceus forms a skin barrier that protects your skin from external factors while leaving a long lasting hydration and its rich collagen helps to rejuvenate skin.


Tremella Fuciformis firming and lifting
commonly known as Snow Fungus, allows the skin to retain more water and helps prevent aging of micro blood vessels within the skin and keep blood flowing through the skin optimally.

Schizophyllan — firming and lifting
A neutral extracellular polysaccharide produced by the fungus Schizophyllum commune; Schizophyllan is an active anti-wrinkle, anti-acne and protective in nature. It smoothens wrinkles in the deeper layers of skin by encouraging the production of collagen.

It's also indicated that if you feel irritated, you can try to use it after blend with one or two drops of Time Stop Collagen Ampoule. This product is said to be suitable for all skin types.



HOW TO USE
After letting the essence dry for more or less a minute, I put two drops of the product on the palm of my hand and apply it in a light tap and drag outward/upward motion onto my face and another two drops for my neck applied in the same manner.


PROS
The packaging of this one is what I’m most eager to talk about because it’s extremely classy. You can tell that it’s high quality and the product is well thought of even from the packaging. Its cap is rose gold while the bottle color is a combination of silver and rose gold in a gradient effect, all the details are directly printed on the bottle as well. This product is actually giving the feel that it’s one of the most high-end products of the brand and you can tell that it’s really for anti-aging or something premium. What fascinates me more about it is that when the cap is twisted, the button for the dropper either pops right up or goes back in and I find really cool. It’s opened and closed in a twisting manner so rest assured that it won’t spill, the bottle is just the right size so it can be put in your vanity pouch or bag for easier skincare packing. I’ve tried other ampoules before and they are heavily scented which made me avoid them, that’s why the moment I got this, I had to sniff it and it doesn’t have a particular scent to it which is perfect! Having said that it’s an ampoule, it’s expected that the product is very concentrated which is what ampoule really is and you can tell that from the consistency itself but as intimidating as it sounds, it’s very easy to spread evenly and thinly on the skin. Considering how concentrated it is, it’s absorbed by my skin fast, even faster than some serums I’ve tested and the most intriguing about this is that my skin changes instantly the moment this product was absorbed, in a good way. It felt plump and deeply nourished, and after seeing that, it made me believe that my skin is really getting all the care it needs and deserves while using this.

CONS
No discomfort or allergic reactions were experienced while using this product and I don’t have any complain about it. I just thought I would indicate this thing that I’ve observed, as stated above and we all know that ampoule is really concentrated, the consistency is a little on the sticky side. That’s why we need to control how much product we get from the dropper as it tends to dispense more than what you need if not carefully pressed. But you don’t also have to worry since the sticky feeling only last for a few seconds and you’ll be amazed afterwards. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract(76%), Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xylitol, Niacinamide, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Tromethamine, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-13, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyisobutene, Panthenol, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Adenosine, Water, Sorbitan Isostrearate, *Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Polysorbate 20, *Melaleuca Iternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, *Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, *Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, *Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, *Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, *Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, *Morus Alba Bark Extract, *Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, *Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, *Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, *Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, *Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, *Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, *Portulaca Oleracea Extract, *Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, *Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Chlorphenesin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol and 1,2-Hexanediol (*Natural Ingredients)


USES / BENEFITS
- Skin Relief
- Sebum and Pore Care
- Moisturizing

SIZE
55ml


PRICE
P1,662 / $31.90


DETAILS
This product has 76.25% of Centella Asiatica Extract which is known to strengthen skin barrier as it produce collagen and improve elasticity to make skin healthier while soothing and relieving irritated skin, an oil-free type cream with zero stickiness gives you a fresh and light feeling, instantly supplies moisture and keeps it all day. And is suitable for all skin types.


HOW TO USE
For the last step and to lock moisture into my skin, I scoop an ample amount using my finger and distribute the product onto my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose before massaging gently and repeat the same procedure for my neck area.


PROS
This is the only product out of the kit that has a glass container. It’s frosted and again, I like the color of it. The silver twist cap has a nice touch of debossed logo of the brand. It also has a protective cover inside to prevent the cream from spilling. It has a nice and mild scent that I couldn’t love more as a lot of brands tend to add so much fragrance in creams which is one of the causes for irritation or allergic rhinitis for me, so this not having any added fragrance to it is a huge thumb’s up for me. Consistency-wise, it’s like a hybrid of gel and cream which quite interest me as it's an oil free moisturizer and you all know that I’m not a fan of moisturizers ever since, due to my skin being prone to milia seeds or oilseeds mainly caused by moisturizers. But this product is neither greasy or tacky like other gel-type moisturizers, it’s actually the perfect texture for a cream as it becomes like water when being spread and that’s also the reason why it's applied easily, a little goes a long way with it and provides extreme moisturizing like no other! A lot of people think that moisturizers trigger oiliness but this actually controlled and balanced my skin perfectly. I love how it makes my skin feel and look flawless and glowing, especially the morning after, my skin has a very healthy glow every single time. And I bet it will feel divine if I put it in the fridge, a few minutes before using it for added soothing. Even just the thought of it excites me!

CONS
No cons found at all! It's the best moisturizer ever!



OVERALL VERDICT
First off, all the boxes have all the important information you need to know about the products; brief introduction of the products, how to use them and most importantly, ingredients, both in English and Korean. I noticed that the cleanser and moisturizer smell quite similar which I’m guessing is because they came from the same line, called AC Clear. I’m actually more fascinated with how this brand creates their products without using refined water which is actually one of the main ingredients in any skincare product in the market and uses extracts from plants instead; they are definitely living up to their brand name. I see that the products are curated really well to target all the other concerns accompanied by one major skin issue, just like what I experienced. A little background, my issues were dark spots, growing collection of fine lines, blackheads/whiteheads and seasonal breakouts but my main concern is my combination skin type and how to control it as to which this kit addressed. Now, I have younger looking, no dullness to it whatsoever, clearer and smoother with smaller pores and lesser dark spots and well-balanced skin! All thanks to these products! I initially thought it’s just going to be a normal skincare, just like the ones I’ve tried before. But it proved me wrong by showing how highly effective they are in their own ways and each product contributed in making my skin feel and look better than ever. Their products were all put together carefully and with so much effort, from the packaging to the littlest details. They might be on the expensive side when you compare the prices but you won’t regret getting them because you’ll be able to see the difference right away! Considering that these are free from harmful ingredients, cruelty-free, made with high quality ingredients and definitely safe for you, price is not an issue and you’ll for sure find it worth your money! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

RATING
1000/100 ✨









DISCLAIMER What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Please do a patch test for 24 hours especially if you have sensitive skin before using any new products to make sure that it would not irritate your skin. If allergic reactions occur, rinse it off immediately and consult a doctor.










If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C