(SWATCH + REVIEW) Face Republic : Perfect Cover BB Cream — perfect makeup base for hot and humid weather!

SWATCH + REVIEW

FEATURING

Face Republic's Perfect Cover BB Cream












⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬



Packaging : 5/5
Smell : 5/5
Application : 5/5
Comfort : 5/5
Texture : 5/5
Longevity : 5/5






/VERDICT/
First off, it has a box, again but this time, it’s bigger than the previous ones that I received which I immediately figured out why and that’s because aside from the product and the sticker with the generated nametag of Face Republic on Instagram printed on a sticker, it also came with a beauty sponge. I’m pretty much surprised because I didn’t expect them to have something like that included in the box but it was a pleasant surprise! I like the color of this product which is like a muted maroon with silhouette of leaves as design on top of the tube. The container has all the details, including a brief introduction about the product, how to use it and most importantly, the ingredients in English. The container is a squeeze type tube with a twist cap so rest assured that it’s secured and can be brought anywhere. The beauty sponge that came with is pink in color and teardrop shaped with a flat part on one side which feels very soft and blends the bb cream really well. The scent is very mild which is good as it won’t irritate my nose nor trigger any sniffles / allergic rhinitis.

The consistency played a huge role for me to easily apply it evenly as I can spread it easier and a little goes a long way so I don’t need much of the product when applying it on the face and neck. The beauty sponge that came with it also helped with the application process and blending is much easier but either way, using a sponge or just fingers is both hassle-free. In terms of comfort, it feels really light on the skin. To be honest, I’m not a fan of bb creams or foundations as I want my skin to be able to breathe and I’d rather prioritize skincare than makeup. Although, I still use them at times when I really have to but if I don’t, I always go for simple makeup without it and sometimes I don’t even apply concealer as I’ve come to love my skin’s texture and imperfections because it’s normal and it is how it is. And also, I find those kinds of face makeup are too heavy for my skin. Luckily, this bb cream is very light and doesn’t have any sticky or tacky feeling to it. Non-drying, didn’t cause any breakouts and no milia seeds appeared while I was testing this. Especially our current weather here in the Philippines is extremely hot and humid which makes it impossible to wear such products but I’m guessing this product is formulated for this kind of weather because it’s still comfortable even with the unimaginable weather we’re experiencing right now.

Texture-wise, some may say it’s the common texture for a bb cream and I would kind of agree but its formula is somewhat one-of-a-kind. Having said that the country where I live in has a high level of humidity, it would be uncomfortable to wear creams in general, be it skincare or makeup but this made it possible and I’m quite amazed by that. It’s buildable, dries nicely with natural looking finish, it doesn’t look cakey at all and it gives my skin a youthful glow which is what I loved the most! I have a combination skin type and because of that, I just go for dewy finish to avoid extreme dryness on areas of my face as I find that harder to resolve than oiliness but thankfully, this didn’t make the oily areas more greasy looking, it even made my skin look better and more balanced! Lastly, talking about longevity of a product is very crucial for others as they prefer the long-lasting ones and not a fan of retouch. But personally, I choose products that are comfortable, doesn’t give me any unpleasant experience and cruelty-free / no nasties involved. And this product hit all of those spots and exceeded, because it lasts a pretty decent amount of time as well! Considering all the sweat and other factors that prevent it from staying long, it was able to stay for a good 6-8 hours depending on how I dealt with the sweat situation but nonetheless, I still think it’s long-lasting already. It may not have stayed the whole day, but hey! I don’t stay too long outside anyway. So for me, it’s already amazing!


With regards the shade, they only have one shade and I know, a lot is going to revolt as we all know that if a bb cream or foundation is from Korea, it’s most probably too white for our skin tones. However, this product is different as it may not have other shades but it adjusts to our skin tones, so you don’t have to be intimidated with the initial color of the cream as it will eventually adjust to your skin color after a while, just like magic! The price, on the other hand, is on the expensive side which is P750 / $15 but since Face Republic is finally available and being carried by Charis recently and your girl here is a Charis Celeb, I have a special price for everyone! Now the price is down to P600 / $12 and that’s already a great deal for me as it’s a great product and worth the price! Whatever skin type or skin tone you have, you can definitely use this! And if you’re tired of using foundation or looking for a lighter consistency but with good coverage, this is the best option! Especially for those who opt for natural looking makeup, like me!

SUPER RECOMMENDED! ✨







If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C