(SWATCH + REVIEW) Maureen Bay Cosmetics : Lip and Cheek Tints

SWATCH + REVIEW

FEATURING

Maureen Bay Cosmetics' Lip & Cheek Tints








⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬



Packaging : 5/5
Smell : 5/5
Application : 4.8/5
Comfort : 5/5
Texture : 5/5
Longevity : 5/5








/VERDICT/
At first glance, it may look like the typical lip and cheek tint because of its container which is a 10ml roller bottle with a white cap but when you look closely to its labels, there are words / phrases on it. And I must say, they are very beautiful and will make you feel better when you’re feeling down. Even though the labels are not waterproof, it has all the information you need to know about the product, especially the ingredients as well as how long it should be used once it's been opened which is 12 months. In terms of smell, it’s fruity but not overwhelming, I would say. The typical scent of lip and cheek tints in the local market nowadays but it doesn’t have any bitter taste to it which is more important than the scent because we tend to taste the lip products that we use as we apply them near our mouths. And I personally have the tendency to taste the products for some reason, be it intentionally or accidentally.

Since it has a roller applicator, it’s very convenient to use especially when you just have one hand available to apply, unlike when it has a doe-foot applicator. However, it’s trickier to control how much product you’re applying on your lips. So what I do is I just dab it on my lips instead of gliding it to control the amount of product I apply, same goes for my cheeks. And it helps that it’s gel type because it’s easier for me to spread evenly throughout my lips using my finger and put the leftover on my cheeks. With regards its comfortability, I don’t have anything bad to say about it. It’s very light on the lips and even on the cheeks. It's non-drying and it didn’t cause any breakouts on my cheeks nor redness / allergic reaction on the surrounding of my lips.

Having said that it’s gel based, it’s already a given that it’s more pigmented as compared to the typical water based lip and cheek tints. It’s also easier to blend and very buildable. As you can see on the photos, the consistency may look a little bit too thick or sticky but they're most certainly not. It also doesn’t leave any mark from where I originally put them on when I use it as blush which is good and since I tested these lip tints for around 2 weeks, 1 shade a day which means I tested each shade twice. They are surprisingly long lasting! I even had to use lip scrub every night or the next morning if I still have it on my lips because I need to apply a new shade the next day. Which is roughly 7-9 hours depending on what I eat or drink but it still leaves a tint on my lips at the end of the day. However, it’s not the same on the cheeks. It may depend on your skin type because I have combination skin type and my cheeks tends to become oily and I sweat a lot so it just stayed with me for an average of 4 hours. And to me, that’s already good because I sweat profusely and only a few blushes can handle it. Personally, I would always go for the long lasting for the lips instead of the cheeks because when it’s hot, my cheeks turn red easily but my lips are always pale, making me look sick if I don’t have any lipstick or lip tint on.

these are the lip and cheek tints after I've washed them under running water and soap

With all that being said, I think that it really is a nice lip and cheek tint. Also, it’s only P80 / $1.6 each and they last for months! They have a total of 7 shades which are very neutral and will suit most, if not all, skin tones. My favorite out of all the shades are Beauty, Lovely and Pretty because they complement my skin tone and undertone the most but I’m still able to use the other shades especially as blush or eyeshadow. Aside from their prices are very affordable as the typical price range for the same product is around P150-P200 / $3 - $4 in the local market, what really makes them unique is not the lip and cheek tints itself. But the quotes or phrases that are on the labels are what made them different. It gives me the feeling that the brand owner which is Ms. Maureen Bay is aiming not only to make you look pretty but to also make you feel good about yourself. So instead of just making yourself look prettier with their products, you’ll find yourself smiling as well when you read the words on the labels. I would suggest this to those who are just starting their makeup stash or lip makeup collection.

RECOMMENDED! ✨






If you have questions / inquiries about the featured product or interested in buying, you can contact them directly through the links below. 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C