(EXPERIENCE) Convenience Store caused Inconvenience

"the following content is based from my own experience."

Photo is from Google

From the photo, you must know what store is involved with the experience i'm going to share with you all. Everyone knows 7-Eleven and every place you go, you cannot not see one.

They are the most popular and common 24-hour convenience store in the Philippines and most of the things you need can be found in it such as Pre-Cooked Meals, Snacks, Drinks (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic), Ice Creams, Toiletries and even Disposable Underwear.

This is the photo that i posted on my Instagram Stories.
Last May 12, i found out that not only those mentioned above are the ones can be found in their store which i didn't expect (not in my lifetime from a large and well-known company even in other countries) and no one would even want to find in any other store that sells food and that is.. EXPIRED GOODS.

That said date, i went to one of 7-Eleven's branches located inside Greenwoods Executive Village in Cainta Rizal to grab something to drink since it was a hot and humid Saturday, then i saw that they had a new drink and what made me buy it more is that they are on Buy One Get One Promo. Being the cheapskate and savvy person that i am, of course i would get it! It's not everyday that you can buy a drink this big at 7-Eleven for only P22.50 / $0.45 each.

The drink is imported from Taiwan and it's actually my first time trying it. I got one Lemon (for me) and one Apple (for my sister) which i even posted on my Instagram Stories asking if anyone tried it before. We drank it around dinner time when suddenly, the expiration date on the cap of my sister's drink caught my eye.

It actually took me quite some time to process what was the date on the cap and the date that we were drinking it. When it finally registered on my brain, my sister drank some of it already. I, then told her if i'm seeing wrongly that her drink's expiration date is 20180304. The moment she saw it, she stopped drinking it.

Honestly, we didn't expect that 7-Eleven would even sell expired drinks knowing that they are a famous convenience store chain and they had sufficient staff at that particular branch. I was once offered by 7-Eleven Singapore to work with them before and it was explained to me that stocks are supposed to be checked by store staff everyday when it's not busy, even if you are alone manning the store. I guess they don't have the same protocol in the Philippines, OR NOT.

You can see the huge difference of Expiration Dates between the two drinks
And seeing that my drink (Lemon) wasn't expired, who would even think that the drink with it is already 2 months expired? But what made me even more disappointed is how 7-Eleven AVOIDED taking action or resolving this matter. And simply IGNORED it. That same night that we discovered that they just sold us an expired drink, i immediately asked my sister to message them on Facebook knowing that most establishments / businesses responds to queries and concerns through Facebook but not even a single reply was received from them.

We gave them more time since we just wanted an explanation or at least an apology for MAKING MY SISTER DRINK AN EXPIRED DRINK, we still didn't hear any from them. I even messaged them on Instagram, no replies. And my sister emailed them to let them know about what happened then again, messaged them on their Facebook yet they never even bothered to reply.


This is the photo that my sister sent to 7-Eleven through Facebook.
Up until now, we haven't hear any from 7-Eleven. I posted this after almost a month of the incident not to bash them but simply because i want to warn other people especially those who love grabbing bites / coolers from 7-Eleven to not be too complacent as they may be the biggest convenience store chain in the Philippines but that doesn't guarantee the quality of the goods they sell nor their service.

And this blog post is created not only because i'm a blogger but i'm still and also a consumer which i believe that every feedback counts in any kind of business there is. In this experience, 7-Eleven is not one of those businesses who practices such.

At least now we know that they can't take negative feedbacks or doesn't know how to handle them properly.

With what happened, i know what you guys are thinking of. Yes, i'm not going to grab anything from 7-Eleven especially in the said branch. I won't set foot there not unless i need to load up my PayMaya. THAT'S IT.











"let me know in the comments down below if you've experienced something like this and how they handled it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(REVIEW) Mimi White : AHA Body Serum

(REVIEW) Seoul White Korea : Double White Whitening Soap

(REVIEW) Organic Skin Japan : 4X Whitening Soap with Vitamin C